Tuesday 19 February 2019

the best thing :: essays research papers

602 a.m., Saturday morning. Its early just now my eyes crack open slightly and I rollunderneath my covers. I stretch my arms and legs, devising loud groans as my boletwists and turns. Half awake, my legs drag me to the window and I pull up the shades.blind by the morning light, my fingers feel for the window locks and unlock them. As Ipull open the window the cold, winter air fills my room. I shiver, hugging myself to holdin the warmth. My eyes finally adjust and a grimace creeps across my face. Winters firstsnow has arrived.I take one last whiff of the morning air and fill up my window gently. Everyone isstill sleeping, enjoying the comforting warmth of their beds. However, I am gigantic awakeand excited. Slowly, I strip off my pajamas and pull on a first layer of clothing. Headingto the kitchen, I start my parents coffee and curve a tray of biscuits into the oven. Itwont be long before everyone is awake. lightly tiptoeing to the closet and opening thedoor soundlessly, I r ummage through the mess. At last I spot the bag. All the way in the gumption closet it sits and has been sitting since last winter. I notice my mother as usual,has clearly labeled the outside Winter Stuff and folded all the contents. With a bit ofexcitement, I tip the bag upside down permit the insides pile onto the floor. Sortingthrough the items one by one, I cave in them into each family members belongings.The smell of biscuits has filled the kitchen and is slowly making its way to thebedrooms. It wont be much longer now.A rustling sounds from my parents room and then a creak from the bed. A acegrunt escapes my dads mouth and his footsteps begin. Scratching his head, he entersthe kitchen. He notices the biscuits and the mess Ive made on the floor. He chucklessoftly and smiles at me. One by one they wake up and enter the kitchen feel slightlydazed and confused. They catch a glimpse of what I live with started and they all smileimmediately. This isnt just my favorite family tr adition. My little crony and sister runtowards the window and stare out in awe. They express joy excitedly and high-five eachother. After eating our breakfast, each of us piece of cake our pile of Winter Stuff and head toour rooms to change.My dad hollers, ar you guys ready yet? and we all sprint as fast as we can

No comments:

Post a Comment